Thursday, April 24, 2014

BlogHer and the Pixies

I'm Going to BlogHer '14!

I am very excited! The Pixie Household is attending the 2014 BlogHer conference in San Jose, California! Now, I have to confess... The Pixie Household knew they were going to attend this conference back in October - which was when I bought the tickets.  But having tickets and actually having the time, energy, and money to attend are different things.

Last October, this Pixie attended a BlogHer conference in San Francisco.  It wasn't what I expected.  This is to say, I was expecting one thing and was introduced to something entirely different.  This is neither good or bad... It just didn't fit my needs.  I don't regret attending - I believe I just attended the wrong conference.

While at that event, everyone I met kept telling me I was at the wrong conference.  I needed to attend the bigger BlogHer conference instead of the smaller one I attended.  So, after a discussion with Wicked Pixie and Naughty Pixie, it was decided we would attend.  Even better, it was BlogHer's 10th Anniversary conference, so there should be a lot more break out sessions and connections to be made.  I bought a ticket.  After about 30 minutes of having secured my own ticket, I decided to buy tickets for Wicked Pixie and Naughty Pixie.  I felt it was something they could benefit from, especially since they both are interested in blogging.

Our hotel reservations are secured. I have the time carved out to attend.  The monies are already in the bank.  We're set!

Even better? We've decided to extend our trip and turn the majority of it into a family vacation.  After the conference, we'll be exploring a bit of California and Oregon. Fun! Fun! Fun! And plenty of adventures to share!

Happy Thursday, Pixie Pals!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds fantastic! I hope it is everything you want it to be (and more)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! This Pixie definitely appreciates you taking the time to do so. Don't forget to come back and make more comments, because I am always updating this blog.