Monday, September 9, 2013

Friend Making' Mondays... Getting to Know Each Other


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog, then head over to All the Weigh to post a link to your post in the comments section.  That way, everyone can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links there too, so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers.  Now it’s time for this week’s topic!


Getting To Know Each Other

What is your favorite flower? I love nearly all flowers but I especially love tulips, hydrangeas, allium, and daisies.

What is a date on the calendar that you’re looking forward to? I'm looking forward to October 17 because that is the day the Pixie Household hits the road for a major road trip.  The road trip also includes a BlogHer conference in San Francisco.

List at least five characteristics of your ideal mate. Intelligence, humor, height (I'm nearly 6-foot), love Wicked Pixie and Naughty Pixie, and a more homebody then life-of-the-party.

What is your favorite travel destination? Great Britain... Specifically England... More specifically London.

What is your idea of the perfect date? It depends on so many things that true specifics would be difficult to list out here.  I will say that I prefer something more casual and involves less distraction (like movies) and more interaction (like conversation).

What is your relationship with your family like? Incredibly strong.  We're as tight as it gets.  Wicked Pixie and Naughty Pixie are my best friends.... Strongest supporters and travel buddies.  Where I go - they go.  It's that simple.

What time did you wake up this morning? 7:30 a.m. with a nasty migraine.  I ended up having to crash later in the day because I was in agony.  Luckily, as of this posting, the migraine has gone.

What characteristic do you like most about yourself? Which do you dislike most? I’m smart, funny, generous, and very family oriented.  That is what I like most about myself.  What I like least is my temper, indifference, and inability to commit in relationships.  I've known people for over 20 years who call me friend, while I don't really consider us friends... more like acquaintances.  That said, I'm working on the temper but really don't have a desire to work on the indifference or relationship issues.

What is your favorite sport to watch? None.  I hate watching sports.  It bores me senseless.  Plus, sports like football, basketball, and baseball ruin my regular TV viewing.  It's quite annoying.

Share a few interesting things that you did over the weekend. The Pixie Household celebrated Wicked Pixie's birthday.  It was low-key with a dinner out to a Greek restaurant she wanted to visit, then on to the craft store to purchase a few goodies for projects we're working on.  Also stopped by the home improvement center to buy a few plants and an over-sized planter.


Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to head over to All the Weigh and link up in the comments. Take a minute to say hello to someone new this week too! 

Happy Monday, Pixie Pals!

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy I also heart London. Completely slipped out of my head.
    I wish I could go to your conference:).

    http://www.kickingkilos.com/2013/09/friend-making-mondays-getting-to-know.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love tulips too!

    http://makingitmyhome.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-feeling-like-fallfriends-making.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series. I might start joining in! Your family bond is always evident, and is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! This Pixie definitely appreciates you taking the time to do so. Don't forget to come back and make more comments, because I am always updating this blog.